Monday, February 10, 2014

New Orleans recap.

Hey guys!  I'm back from my blog break and ready for my week.  How was your weekend?  Did you get any snow?  While we were gone, we got a bunch of snow and the girls ended up being out of school all week long.  Thank goodness my parents were here to stay with them and are awesome neighbors snow plowed/shoveled the driveway for us :)

I wanted to share some pics from our getaway with you.  We had such a great time, just the two of us.


Monday night we went into Razzoo's and somehow... Mike ended up on the stage, singing with the band :)


We had beignets at my favorite place Tuesday morning for breakfast.  WAY better than Cafe Du Monde, WAY.


We strolled around the French Quarter all day Tuesday and stopped for a coffee.


Later on, we went to Napoleon House for...

A drink and split some Boudin.


Wednesday morning we ate at Something Else Cafe (probably our favorite and best meal) Country fried chicken biscuit for Mike and Shrimp and grits for me.  So good!


We took the trolley to City Park, which I didn't make it to on my last trip.  It was so pretty (but really cold and windy)


The whole French Quarter was decorated for Mardi Gras!  Like Halloween or Christmas decorations, only Mardi Gras.  Super cool!


Wednesday night we went to the Pelicans game which was our first NBA game ever.  It was fun and we had 5th row seats!

We had one last breakfast Thursday morning and headed for the airport.  Our flight was delayed twice, due to mechanical issues with the plane, but we still made it home by 7:15 :)

The best part, was when we walked upstairs to our room, Landry had made us this sign :)


Thanks for stopping by today and I'll be back with lots of Valentiney goodness this week!

10 comments:

  1. Wow looks like you 2 had a blast. It looks amazing. But looking at all that food has made me very hungry lol. So glad you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a wonderful romantic getaway!!
    what a great way to be welcomed back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fantastic trip! Great pics, and what a sweet note to come back to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like such a fun trip and how nice that you two could get away just the two of you. And how nice to know how very much you were missed.....sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute welcome home sign!! Your trip looked fabulous, it's so shocking to see city streets not covered in snow!! I bet the grandparents had fun with all that extra time the snow days provided!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a great trip!
    I am so glad you had a good time.
    And that sign from Landry is so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had an awesome trip!

    AJ always gets up on stage to sing with the band - I'm glad I'm not the only wife who has a husband who does this!

    And now I need to go back to New Orleans for some different beignets, I've only ever had Cafe du Monde! Actually, I think I need to try all of the places you went, I haven't been to any yet, but all the food looked so good!

    That sign from Landry is just adorable. How sweet of her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice trip! Mmmm beignets! Glad you had a nice trip - and a great welcome home!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww that welcome home sign is so adorable. Made my heart melt.
    We came home to a scratched dining room table :(
    I have never tried any of the foods you ate. But man, they look good :)
    Especially your breakfast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I forgot to add.
    Rock on Mike !!

    ReplyDelete