Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Project Life, week 1.

Hi there!  I'm back today to share week one of my Project Life for 2013.  I'm using the Cherry Edition this year and I have to say, there is not much variety in the cards.  I don't know, maybe all the kits are like that this year.  That being said, in the Clementine Edition, what I used last year, there was almost TOO much variety.  I'm going to have to play around with it a bit more.  I do love the colors and patterns though, so pretty.  I really admire the people who can do Project Life from their stash, I get confused way to easily and the kit helps me narrow it down and stay focused :)  Then if I want to add some stash to it, I can.

Okay, on to week one.


(sorry about the glare)  The title cards make it super simple to just circle the month and add the dates.  Great for when I'm in a hurry.  I could see adding some washi or a tag to this if I wanted to though.  I printed out my three pics for the week, added my journaling, after looking at my calendar for notes, and I was done!  I even "prepped" the next week.  Filled out my title card and one of my journaling cards.  I find that if I can work ahead like that, it helps a little bit for times when I'm in a hurry.

Now, STEPH and I were emailing the other day about the Canon Selphy photo printer.  We both have it and we both LOVE it!  She was able to help me figure out how to print photos from my phone and so now I'm beyond in love!  Steph is trying to figure out if you can print wirelessly from your computer though.  Anyone know how to do that?  This little printer, I paid $70 for mine, but they have them for $80 on AMAZON.  You'll need more ink and paper, which is another $25-$30.  Can I tell you how awesome it is to just print photos out whenever you want to though?  AND from your own phone???  Ahhh-mazing!

That's about it for me today.  We have volleyball tonight.  The girls are going to hit it hard the next couple of nights, their first tournament is this weekend!!  Have a great Tuesday and I'll see you back here tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by today :)

10 comments:

  1. your first week looks fantastic!! i have decided that i am not going to do pl this year-- sort of bummed but with my DT work i just can't keep up with it. i think once i decide not to do dt work then this will be perfect for me because i totally love the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - so glad that you are sticking with it! Because I have followed the evolution of PL for years, I know that the Cherry Edition was Becky's first Project Life kit (it came after she created the concept for a KOTM at Creating Keepsakes known as Project 365). Once the concept caught on, the kits and designs have come a long way. Your printer sounds great! If I ever need to replace my beloved HP, I'll look into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that first Cherry kit-very pretty! I have the Amber, and I am loving the colors-I can't wait to share my first week this Friday. Does your Selphy take up a lot of room? I'm wondering if that should be my next investment.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your PL layout! I am already behind. I think I need to decide on a kit asap. What does your tattoo say? I need a better picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I just started PL, I love checking out people's layouts. I have several PL kits that I got from various people for Xmas, so I am covered lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page looks great! I bought the clementine kit for next "year" (aka. May-December + honeymoon mini album!)

    I just got a photo printer too. It prints wirelessly and I love it! I orginally looked at the Selphy, but I had to change because it doesn't support Windows 8 and they said they won't be adding Windows 8 to their supported platforms anytime soon :(

    But the wireless printing is awesome. And AJ adores not having to go to Walgreens to pick up photos 1-2 times a week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my selphy too! Fabulous first week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Selphy CP800, guess I shouldn't have bought it last year, teehee.
    Damn I am behind on Project 365 already..man.
    I have been documenting and taking a photo daily so thats half the battle.
    Great photos, thinking of maybe picking up some cards from Project Life though. I think about it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I love that you are journaling in different colors too, such fun! :) Oooh I would love to print photos from my phone...oh wait, my phone is an ancient piece of crap...i'd have to print all the good photos from my daughters iphone. Tell me how backwards that is??!!! HA! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this so far!! I have an older selphy (no bluetooth, I don't think) so I don't know about your printer question.

    ReplyDelete