Monday, November 19, 2012

Birthday Card Oops.

Good morning!!!!  Did you have a nice weekend?  Ours was fantastic!  I'm sad that it had to end though.  On Friday night we took the girls out for pizza and on Saturday Mike and my dad finished shingling the shed.  In the afternoon, Mike and I headed out to celebrate our anniversary a little early.  On Sunday we picked the girls up and I finished up some laundry.  In the afternoon, Mike took Abie to her first club volleyball practice while Landry and I stayed home to fix a yummy dinner! 

We have a short week this week, two days, for the the girls in the family at least.  Mike will work Wednesday and then be home with us for the rest of the week.  We're supposed to have great weather this week too!

On Saturday, Abie had a sleepover/birthday party to go to with one of her closest friends.  I was kicking out the card and all I had left to do was stamp the sentiment on the inside when this happened.


The front of the card was so lumpy that it messed with my stamping block, causing the ink to NOT stamp evenly.  Grrr!  Does this ever happen to you?  Quick thinking to the rescue.


I cut a piece of (slightly) patterned paper for the inside and stamped on it FIRST, then adhered it to the inside.  Really, this happens to me more often than not.  You would think I would learn to stamp the sentiment FIRST and then work on the outside of the card, right?


Here's how the front of the card turned out :)


I even stamped the envelope, a la Tracy  :)

Thanks for stopping by today, I sure appreciate it and all the super nice comments you guys leave me.  I'll be back tomorrow with another post, Monday night games are over, just Sunday and Tuesday practices now.  Ha!  Have a fab Monday!!

7 comments:

  1. Good save! I have had that happen so many times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome save! and yes, that has happened to me- way to many times!! LOL!

    glad you had a fun weekend and happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards! When, I used to make cards that happened to me far too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great save on the inside sentiment....and what a prettyu card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card, love the embellishments you put on here.
    Yes I have done that as well, and fixed it the same as you have ;)
    Cute envelope, you made me smile when I saw my name on your blog...I am so self absorbed, lol.
    Glad you had a nice weekend and a nice evening with Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love that pennant paper. That inside thing happens to me all the time. I usually don't even bother trying to stamp right on the card anymore. I cut out the middleman and just do it on separate paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a awesome weekend!

    That is a great save on the card! I hate when that happens to me. It happened when I saw stamping the already addressed envelopes for the Save the Dates. So I just stamped a whole bunch of leaves on that one. That person just had a very fall-y kind of envelope!

    ReplyDelete