Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Father's Day #1

So Father's Day is coming up this weekend, right?  I always have the hardest time with masculine cards.  I think they turn out alright in the end, it's just the creative process I have issues with :)

The card I'm sharing today is for Mike.


I used my, one and only, dad-ish stamp and some brown ink to stamp the background.  Then I layered on a couple of patterned papers.  To finish the card off I tied on some twine and a few buttons!

Have you started on your Father's Day cards yet?  I have one more I need to work on...  Hope you have a great Tuesday!  Abie has two volleyball games tonight, so it will be a quick dinner and out the door for us.  I'll see you tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by today :)

9 comments:

  1. Love it ... Boy cards are so hard for me too! Flowers and bling are much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great stamp! Great card - I think the text paper and the twine helps keep the masculine up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Great colors and appropriately masculine. I need to get a card made - today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggle with masculine cards, too. But yours is terrific! I like that green on craft, the stamp and the papers you used.
    I have decided to just buy cards at Target this year. I have to many other projects going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great card. I also have trouble with masculine cards. My dad does like the pin-up type images, which make for an easy card, but I'm just not sure if it's appropriate for a father's day card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Father's Day card.
    I still need to work on mine, I think I will work on them tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors and the layering, especially the twine and buttons! I haven't done any yet, but I don't think I'll have time to work on them, since mine needs to be mailed across the country, I'll have to get one at the store today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Father's Day card Becky! I haven't even started and I need to make 3! I am off to read about your vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I am terrible with cards for men too. I think yours is perfect.

    ReplyDelete