Thursday, March 22, 2012

Quick and easy card.

Man, I don't know about your week, but mine has flown by!  I can hardly believe it's Thursday!  You know how I told you I had three cards I had to make last weekend?  Well, one was really a tag, so just two cards I guess.  Anyway, I was sort of on a time crunch so by the time I got to the third card, I was really feeling the pressure!  You know what?  It ended up being my favorite card!  Isn't that the way it goes?


This was another long card, with money, for my youngest nephew :)  After placing the background October Afternoon paper on, I just dug through the OA miscellany pack until I found three pieces I liked, that fit together well.  I adhered those and, done!

A little update for you, I made it down to my craft room last night and made some headway.  I can actually see the top of my desk now!  Wahoo!  Now my issue is, I like to have everything on my desk, real close and easy to grab while I'm working.  But at the same time I don't like having all that stuff out on my desk, it feels too cluttered to me.  I'm totally contradicting myself, I know :)  Any suggestions? 

Let me ask you this too, do you have a Clip It Up?  What do you think, yes or no?  Worth it?

Okay, thanks for your help :) I'll see you tomorrow, thanks for stopping in today!!  Have a fantastic Thursday!

8 comments:

  1. sooo cute. i love the OA.

    i use my michael's spin caddy and that is on my desk. It holds my pens, craft knives, adhesive, scissors etc. everything that i use with every project. I then have those michael's photo boxes under my desk labeled with various things that i used all the time-- buttons etc. all i have to do i just pull it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cute card! I love the bon voyage tag with the little puppy!

    Yay for making some headway on the desk! I have a little tote from Michaels that has all my "essentials" in it on my desk, and I have my little embellishment jars lined up across the back, but mostly because I like to look at all of the pretty colors! Then I have a whole bunch of other stuff I want near by on my shelves under my desk, and across the room in the bookcases I have all the rest! I can't wait until I have a place for scrapbooking that isn't the living room so the book shelves and desk can be closer together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card looks great! I too like to have everything I use at my fingertips, that's why I had Jeremy make my new shelf. I still have room underneath and the having the shelves to put everything on is awesome :o) That's all I got :o) No clip it up here. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm...my suggestion is something that I use, roll up carts! Some are nice and thin, like the one they make to slide between washer and dryer units, so you can fill them up, pull them up to your craft table when needed and then slide them out of sight when not in you and since you left a comment about my seahorse tag I made, I just wanted you to know that I made a tutorial about how I created the sea, if your interested I would love for you to check it out and let me know how I did on the tutorial as I haven't done many of them before. I can't remember if I wrote back and said yes, it is a regular doily I used on the card, got them from Michaels. Thanks bunches and waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)http://inthehillsofnorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2012/03/vellum-noun.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! I do not have a Clip It Up, even though it is very tempting. I just don't want to use up that much desk space. I do have a rolling card right next to me, love my embellishment drawers! You can see them here:
    http://suealthouse.blogspot.com/2011/05/woyww.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is awesome, I like the rounded corners and the voyage feel to it.
    As for the clip it up, I do not have that but I do have a rod that I clip things to, but it is too full and the packages fall off.
    I do have a turny thing on my desk which I love as most of my tools are right there in front of me.
    I also have a little drawer thingy that sits on my desk. It has 3 drawers to put inks and such inside and I can put some things on top of it.
    I also have a large plastic rolling drawer. I love that it fits under my desk beside me, or I can pull it out for more surface space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice card!

    What don't you put (if possible) shelves right on top of your desk. This way, you have everything up close, but you can still have a bare desk if you like it so. I also have a wooden bin next to me on the floor, so I can put some stuff in it... Hope it helps

    ReplyDelete