Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tags in process...

Well, my shopping may be done but you remember how I told you I was dreading the wrapping?  I love a beautifully wrapped package but I always seem to lose something in the execution.  This year I'm challenging myself to really TRY and make an effort at those pretty packages.

The first step at getting started on the wrapping is the tags.  I always have a similar process with projects like this, sort of assembly line like. 


My first step was to cut out all my pieces.  I had some help with this ;)


While Abie was running the Cuttlebug, I sprinkled my CORRUGATED SHAPES with Mr. Huey's Calico White.  This was totally TAMMY'S idea!  :)  Thanks Tammy!


Here are the piles of die cuts all cut out.  I played around with them at this point and realized that the bottom pieces were in need of a little something...


Enter the next step, stamping.  Abie stamped the wheat color (far die cuts) and I stamped the brown.  I also used my Cricut to cut out the white tags and stamped the to: and from: on those.
Next step, assembly!  Stay tuned for :)

I made THESE TAGS in 2009 and I made THESE TAGS in 2010 if you want to check them out.  I'm noticing a Kraft trend with my tags.  Hmmm :)

I was able to get my Christmas cards addressed last night so my goal today is to find goodies to fill up the girls advent calendar with.  Have a wonderful day and thank you for popping in.  I'll see you tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. oh your girls look so cute and i love it that they are are involved! These tags look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you had the girls helping!
    Cannot wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always strive for beatiful wrapped gifts but I'm not very good in the wrapping department. Your tags are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tags so far! I can't wait to see them all finished!

    My mom and I wanted to do our tags this weekend, and I forgot everything in Chicago! We tried to get some stuff at Michaels, but we ended up with ornaments instead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here I thought child labor was outlawed, lol.
    So nice to see your girls creating with you :)
    As for wrapping, first I have to buy the gifts, then I am rushed and get hubby to wrap the girls gifts and get the girls to wrap everyone elses gifts ;)
    One year I was done early and those gifts looked better then Martha could have pulled off, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little helpers! Caleb will be wanting to get busy here pretty soon so I hope I can muster up the motivation to get going. Can't wait to see the final results :0) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see your assembled tags! And how lucky are you to have helpers?? My boys refuse to have anything to do with my craft endeavors unless I threaten them. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be great to work with your family! I am sure those tags are going to look amazing, can't wait to see them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, look at the great help you are getting! Love making it a family affair. I LOVE how your corrugated shapes turned out. The white misting is the PERFECT touch! :D (Thanks for the shout out!) Can't wait to see the finished product. They look great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have adorable little helpers! :)

    ReplyDelete