Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hostess gift.

Good morning all!  Today is my last day of work for the week!!!  Woo hoo!  I'm excited for Thanksgiving break because Mike took Friday off this year so it's an extra long weekend for all four of us.

So tomorrow I'm taking a little gift to my sister to thank her for having all of us over to her house.  I saw this idea in the last issue of Papercrafts Magazine.  I made these many years ago and had completely forgotten about them.  I liked the magazines fresh taken on them though.  I think the one on the cover used red hots in the jar.  They mentioned using coffee beans though and I LOVED that idea!  ;)



These candle holders are so simple to make.  Fill your jar up with beans, candy or coffee then place your flower pot holder in the top.  Decorate as you please!  I chose to wrap mine with some twine and added a  couple of distressed leaves, a button and some ribbon :)

What are your Thanksgiving plans?  Are you traveling or staying close to home?  Whatever you go, whatever you do, or if you aren't in the US and don't celebrate Thanksgiving...have a wonderful day tomorrow!  Thanks for coming by today and I'll see you soon!  

8 comments:

  1. How cute! And I never would have thought of using coffee beans. Great idea! Your sister is going to love this! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just so pretty! perfect for any table or centerpiece! love this!

    wishing you the happiest thanksgiving! enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! I am so going to steal this idea the next time I'm going over to someone's house!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!!! What a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! It's so simple yet elegant. Nice idea for the coffee beans. Those would look great in my kitchen as my kitchen is coffee theme. I may just have to add another thing on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I love this idea....more so if it was full of candy ;)
    I really like how your leaves turned out.
    Enjoy your long weekend with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea....I love the coffee beans! I'm pinning this :)
    We are heading over to my in laws house tomorrow for Thanksgiving...chocolate peanut butter in the oven, Modern Family on the tube....love this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a great idea! Beautiful and easy to adapt to your interior or the season!

    ReplyDelete