Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Three Gs

ETA:  I bought the third G at Joann's in the unfinished wood section and painted it with Delta Red Bard acrylic paint.  I was a bit distracted when typing my post up!  Whoops!

Morning friends!  Do you ever have an area in your house that you know you want to decorate with something, but you're just not sure with what.  However, you know when you see it you'll know that you'll know that's IT?  I have a few areas around my house like that and this was one of them...
It's the middle of our living room wall.  We have stuff hanging on the wall, all around it mind you.  Just not in the middle.  It looks really funky and odd.  Totally weird.  See that black g sitting in the Pepsi crate to the right?  It's 'bout to get moved...

In our kitchen we had a set of letters that spelled out BUGS.  They were painted off white and had green ivy painted on them with ladybugs.  I use to have a thing for ladybugs.  I've disliked these letters for some time now and we took them down awhile ago.  Well I was sitting in the living room a couple of weeks ago and saw that black letter g and it hit me like a ton of bricks!  I would take the G from the BUGS, the g from the Pepsi crate and then find a third G and have a totally awesome G threesome to hang on our wall in the living room!!!!

What do you think?  Excuse the crummy pics, it was dark and gloomy and I had to use my flash...

Now I just need to find something to replace the lower case g that I moved from the Pepsi crate.  Don't worry, I've already got an idea!

Hope you have a FANTASTIC Tuesday!!!!  Thanks for coming by today!

7 comments: