Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Retirement

So, I've got a few years until I retire, but there's a nice lady I work with who will be retiring next week after many, many years with the State.  I whipped up this card last night for her, which was really not that difficult because I got to use some new shtuff (yes, that's another word here in Beckyville).  I'm not sure of the color scheme, but it seems bright and colorful which is how retirement should be, right?
I just kept layering and layering until it looked good to me.  After I stamped that sentiment, I realized that the yellows are two different colors!  Oops!  I picked up that ribbon at Archiver's last week, it's from American Crafts, don't you love that?  It's tulle with sheer rosettes sewn down the middle of it.  I'm trying to figure out a way I can make it that would be cheaper than buying it.  I'm so dang cheap that way.

We had a great day yesterday, the girls spent some of their Christmas money and we met my mom at Joann's.  I bought a new punch that I'm super excited to try out, I'll post pics once I make something with it.  Are you having a good week, this last week of 2010?  It's a time of reflection for me, thinking of all the things that have happened this past year.  I'm not gearing up for 2011 just yet.  That will happen later in the week :)  Have a great Wednesday and thanks for stopping by little bloggy blog today!

7 comments:

  1. your friend is going to love her card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, what a pretty card! I would love it if someone made that for me. :) Pretty colors. I love the rosette ribbon. I bet you could make it cheaper because you'd be able to make so much more of it. I love all the different colors thought so I'd have a hard time picking one color - I'd have to buy several and then it's not so economical anymore. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day! I'd love to see what you make with your new punch! Great card! At least in this light, the two yellows look good together. Love the bloom ribbon! Definately on the to buy list...after the New Years!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that card is just lovely - the retiree is going to be thrilled to get that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so pretty.
    Your not cheap, your thrifty, as least thats what I say to myself.

    ReplyDelete