Thursday, November 18, 2010

Feel Better...

What's up home skillets?  It rained all day yesterday!  It's been really dry here lately, so I'm glad for the rain, the weather guys thought we might get what they like to call "a wintery mix"  but the temp just hovered around freezing so it was all rain.  We dodge the white bullet for the first time this year!  Don't get me wrong, I love me some snow, I just don't like driving in it, unless it's to get craft supplies!  I had to work late last night so Mike picked up the girls and then had dinner ready when I got home!  Gotta love that! 

So you remember my G-ma, right?  The one who celebrated her 81st birthday on Tuesday?  Last week she fell and broke her rib.  Bummer, I know.  She's a trooper though, when I talked to her on Tuesday, she said she wasn't even taking her pain meds.  Said they make her feel kind of funny (like climbing the ropes in gym class...name that movie).  I made the following card for her and it started out like most of my cards, with a vision but it ended up quite different.  You'll have to excuse the stickers, I still have issues with crookedness (is that a word?). I'm pretty sure it's operator error and not American Crafts' fault.  On second thought, maybe you should turn your head to the left and squint to look at this card...
I'm outta here for today.  Hoping to get by Joann's, I've got a 50% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket then I need to get to the grocery store, the library and pick up the cookie dough from Abie's school fundraiser!  What's on your plate today?  Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps:  Unity Stamp Co.
Ink:  PTI Hibiscus Burst
Paper:  PTI Hibiscus Burst
Other:  American Crafts stickers

5 comments:

  1. This is really a very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card.
    Your quote is from Wayne's World, a true Canadian movie LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Hope your grandma is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card...It's sure to make anyone feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card!! I hope your grandma is feeling better.

    I've got a coupon for Michaels that I just HAVE to go use! I've been looking at the MS scoreboard..think I must have! ;)

    ReplyDelete