Friday, October 22, 2010

Halloween Treats...

Good morning!  Happy Friday everyone.  I'm so glad it's the end of the week.  I love my weekends so much around here.  Abie has tennis lessons tomorrow morning and then Saturday night Mike and I are supposed to go to a Halloween Party.  BUT, he got asked to go to the MU game.  Now, Mike being the humongo football fan he is, I'm guessing he's going to bail on me as my date to the party and head off to game.  I'm glad we weren't planning on dressing up as Sonny and Cher or some other famous couple.  I might look kind of silly showing up alone.  I have a bit of an update on the sewing machine for you but I'm going to save that for my Saturday post.  Stay tuned, it's quite the exciting story.

Today I have a little Halloween project I made for my girls to take to school for their parties.  Landry's is today and she couldn't be more excited.  Abie's isn't until next week.  I thought it would be easier if I just made them the same thing, but what do you make for a bunch of three year olds and eight year olds?  Bubbles!  I got this idea a few months ago from one of the Papertrey Design Team girls.  I just can't remember which one.  I tried to find a link for you but I can't seem to find it.  She used a bottle of black bubbles that she found on clearance after Halloween last year.  I couldn't find black bubbles anywhere.  What I did find was even better.... CHEAP BUBBLES!  These came 9 in a pack for $1 at the Dollar Tree in their wedding aisle.

I trimmed paper from MME Blackbird to 4 1/4 x 3/4 and put a bit of adhesive on both ends.  I wrapped the paper around and then tied a piece of ribbon around it.  So easy!

Have a great Friday!  Thanks for stopping by!

Paper:  MME Blackbird
Other:  Ribbon:  Hobby Lobby

3 comments:

  1. Very cute idea!!!The kids will love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun are these!
    I wish my daughters were still young enough for me to do fun things like this for their class's. Do you think my 15 yr old would be embarrassed to bring these to highschool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! What a good idea.

    ReplyDelete